Sunday, August 28, 2005

Running from Katrina

Right now, members of my family living in the Gulfport, MS area are busy scurrying for safety and I've become a compulsive Weather Channel junkie.

We arrived home from Eric's game last night (a 45 to zip romping over poor Los Banos) at 11:30 and I flipped on the W.C. to check on Katrina. Seems things had upgraded a bit since we left home! My family has begun the evacuation process, headed towards safety, except my poor sister Brady who works for the power company. She's headed over to Mobile and will then have to report to work immediately after the storm to help assess and deal with the damage. Please join me in praying for her safety and for all of those in the path of this storm.

Thank goodness for the technology that permits us some advance warning in order to get out of the way of these hurricanes! As a California girl, the thought of my Mom and Dad "hunkering down" with 145 mile per hour winds headed their way is terrifying. Safe travels to all and prayers for all!

No comments: