Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Return of Frogdor

This little guy has moved into our pool!

Last week, when the VIPs were in town and we were all lounging by the pool, Adam screeched in delight when he found this little frog swimming in the shallow end. Thankfully, mom was not in the pool at the time. I have to admit to being a little squeamish about frogs.

He was christened "Frogdor" (the VIPs got that reference, but mom didn't...) and ceremoniously released into the wilds of the backyard, ostensibly to return to his natural habitat.

Now, a week later, it turns out Frogdor thinks our pool is his natural habitat. He appears to have doubled in size and seems quite content living in the deep end. Adam swears that this is, indeed, the same Frogdor (I'm not sure if he has some identifying scar or what, but I'll take Adam's word for it!).

At the rate he's growing, I'm relatively certain that he'll be a choice entry for next year's title as "Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County". Adam is begging to have him as a pet:

"I promise Mom, he'll be an outdoor frog!"
(Yeah right, like I'd agree to an indoor frog!)

In typical Mom fashion, I have given him the classic "We'll see..." answer and am hoping, once again, that Frogdor will be heading home to his true habitat, which I'm assuming is the nearby river.

In the mean time, Max the hamster (VP for Filing) is considering hiring Frogdor as Receptionist for CatholicMom.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think frogs live very long in pool water...