Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hearing from a long lost friend!

One of the world's best surprises is finding an email from a long lost friend, one you haven't heard from in quite a while. This happened to me today!

In the midst of my daily email slugging, I found a note from a friend I went to high school with, who decided to contact me out of the blue and found my email address online. I last spoke with her about five years ago at a reunion. I'm a terrible correspondent though, and sadly we lost touch after that.

It was such a fun surprise to hear from her today, and to get caught up on all that's going on in her life. At my age, she has a new 18 month old...that gives me hope that maybe I'm not too old!!! She also has one starting college, and a few in between - her note gave me a wonderful update on her own life and those of her kiddos as well. It was such a great way to start the day!

One beauty of the internet (which is also, perhaps its curse) is that it offers us a way to quickly, easily, and freely connect with one another. If you've lost touch with a friend, a relative or a teacher who meant a lot to you, why not drop that special someone an email and let her know you're thinking of and praying for her. I bet she'll be as happy as I was today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is great to email...you can make it short or long and your grammer & spelling doesn't seem to matter too much. Mom

Anonymous said...

I guess we must both be poor correspondents! It sure made my day to get in touch with you, and I hope to continue to keep in touch this time! Love, C