Saturday, April 19, 2008

Youth Rally in Yonkers

The crowd at St. Joseph's Seminary in Yonkers is simply fantastic. As far as the eye can see are young people chanting, singing and cheering the Holy Father's presence. It is so awe inspiring to see the future heart and soul of our Church so enthusiastic in this moment.

Right now, an incredibly poised youth representative is welcoming Pope Benedict. Her welcoming gift of bread recalls that Jesus is the Bread of Life - our sustenance as we journey in Hope.

Seated next to me on the couch is my sixteen year old Eric, my own personal hope for the future. How blessed we are to share and savor these moments together. I would love to be there in person, but in my mind being here with Eric is the next best thing!

Here is the text of the Pope's address for this event.

No comments: