Friday, April 18, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI's Saturday Schedule

Pope Benedict's busy schedule continues tomorrow as he attends the following events:

9 a.m. - Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York City
4:30 p.m. - Blessing and Rally with Youth at St. Joseph's Seminary, St. Joseph's Seminary, Yonkers, NY

I hope to be awake and attending Mass at St. Pat's via EWTN - I'm certain it will be an amazing experience for those lucky enough to attend. When we visit New York City as a family, we have a tradition of walking through St. Patrick's every day, lighting a candle and pausing for a prayer. Of the masses being celebrated this week, this one tomorrow is the one I would most like to attend.

Tomorrow afternoon's events in Yonkers promises to be life altering for the youth who will be in attendance. My good friend, talented Catholic musician Laurie Collins, emailed me today to tell me that she would be present - volunteering in the Parking Lot! "Anything to see the Pope!" shared Laurie! I have no doubt that if I were Laurie, I'd be doing the same thing.

At the same event, another of my favorite musicians will actually be on stage. Matt Maher is scheduled to perform at the Youth Rally, inspiring Catholic youth to seek vocations in the Church. Following his performance at the rally, you can check out Matt as he is interviewed on Fox News Channel at 6:10 pm ET.

I'm looking forward to enjoying these events tomorrow online and on TV and sharing my thoughts with you!

No comments: