Sunday, December 17, 2006

'Tis the Season

I know it seems like every time we turn around this month, we're being asked to donate to someone's "Annual Fund" or emergency appeal. I wish I had unlimited funds to donate to all of the worthy causes that come asking. So many of them do such wonderful work! I frequently have good intentions, but sometimes just don't "get around to it".

I've been intending for over a month to donate to the Rosary Army Fund Drive and I finally found time today to head over to Paypal and make my little donation. I know it's not much, but I do believe that every little bit can help - I know this from my own experience with CatholicMom.com. When I receive a donation, regardless of the amount, I rejoice because that money goes back into helping my site to sustain and grow. Greg and Jennifer at the Rosary Army do wonderful work - both through their Rosary Making apostolate, and their wonderful Rosary Army podcast. I can't tell you how many loads of laundry they've helped me get through as I listen to their twice a week show. They are seeking funds to continue their work and for Greg to be able to devote full time to running Rosary Army and focusing on other SQPN efforts. I listen to SQPN shows frequently and have intended since November to make my donation - better late than never I guess!

Is there an organization you want to support this year? Before the year ends, in fact right now, grab your checkbook or paypal account and spring into action. The dollar amount doesn't matter as much as showing support and care for worthwhile organizations.

No comments: