Monday, December 11, 2006

Stage Fright

Why should a 43 year old woman subject herself to standing on a stage, playing a fiddle badly in front of perfect strangers?

If the answer doesn't come to me by 7:00 tonight, I may let nerves get the best of me! Just kidding, I'm actually strangely looking forward to my first Violin Recital tonight. I know I won't be the best, and perhaps I won't be the worst, but I'm hoping to keep it fun. Eric is going to play my solo piece with me on guitar, so that helps tremendously. I know when he gets excited, he tends to play louder than I do...perfect strategy! I am also playing with a quartet of other "grown ups" and we've had fun practicing together the past few months. Last week, we told our teacher we were going to sneak a flask into the recital to sooth our stage fright...I'm pretty sure we were just kidding!

Today, I will be busy updating CM, fiddling, and preparing my home to host Greg's work party tomorrow night. Should be a great day. I will report back on the big performance (if I survive!). If you have a spare prayer around 7:00 pacific time, could you say it for the crazy lady with the violin?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa

good luck and have fun.

David

Anonymous said...

wish I could be there...I'm sure it will be great! MOM