Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Preoccupied

My biggest (and perhaps only) fan, my Mom, took me to task this afternoon for not updating CMM since Sunday.

Well, it's been kind of a goofy week, so although I have excuses I won't bore you with them right now. One major time situation that I can share with you, however, is the rebuilding of CatholicMom.com. Along with a very talented designer, I'm in the process of a complete overhaul of our site, which was born back in November of 1999 with Microsoft FrontPage and a lot of dummies books. For years now, the infrastructure of the site has been completely out of control and I'm finally now trying to come up with the funds and the time to do a good job of bringing it up to date.

So if things seem a little quiet here and on CatholicMom.com, please know that I'm not sitting around eating ice cream and watching soaps (hey, that ice cream sounds good though) - I'm busy on my computer doing "stuff" you won't see for another month or two. I hope, when it's all unveiled, that you will find it worth the wait!

In the mean time, if you are dying to read a thought or two from me every day, head over to Faith and Family Live where I share my thoughts most days of the week in the company of some of the web's best mom bloggers.

3 comments:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Hi Lisa,

You have lots of fans! :) I was wondering how the Wordpress conversion was going as we hadn't heard anything for a while. Glad to hear that it is still going well :)

Best wishes,
Patrice

KellytheKitchenKop.com said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm feeling your pain. I'm also about to do a switch over to Wordpress from Blogger - anyone who could say a prayer for that to go smooth would be VERY appreciated! (I'm scared for all the bugs that will come up, and I have no web designer to help me...may have to find my own set of Dummies books.)

In the meantime, if you decide to indulge in that ice cream you mentioned, check out this super healthy version (but the best, creamiest, dreamiest you've ever tasted):

http://tinyurl.com/5dye9b

God bless!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new site layout! :)