Monday, July 17, 2006

What Do You Think?

I received a note from blogger Mike St. Pierre inviting your comments on the following topic - let Mike know what you think here in the comments section, over at his site, or by emailing me at lisa@catholicmom.com. I think his idea sounds wonderful and much needed! I would definitely register my boys for this type of a camp.

Mike writes:

We are considering a new program on the east coast and I'd like to ask a favor: we've got the regional Steubenville retreats and many other sports camps but no where (to my knowledge) does there exist a FAITH AND SPORTS camp.

Here's my favor to ask: would you mind asking your audience what they would think of a 5th-8th grader 5 day Sports Retreat which would feature sporting during the day but devotions, Mass and inspirational speakers in the morning and evening? We would pilot a 5 day experience here in Baltimore for east coast Catholic families but if it went well, we could replicate it in other parts of the country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brother Patrick went to a basketball camp like that at about that age...He liked it, and it didn't hurt him at all...MOM

Anonymous said...

check with regnum christi - they have camps like that in other parts of the country, they might be able to help you out.

the diocese of la crosse, wi, also has their own version of a similiar camp...