Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Fun Begins

Nana and PIII (my little nephew Patrick III - 19 months) have arrived on the scene. This will be an extended visit, two weeks of fun and adventures. The CatholicMom.com corporate headquarters is now host to a "Pack and Play" crib, tons of diapers, and lots of baby stuff. I'm working in the "ancillary" CatholicMom.com facility (i.e. the dining room table) while the little one is napping this afternoon.

Since my site is primarily aimed at Mommies (although I know you Daddies out there are secretly reading this!), I think it's great for me to have this "real world" experience for a few weeks of what it's like for Moms of toddlers who are working from home. My kids were already older when I started my web work.

After less than twelve hours, I can see that I will need to be very organized and not waste time when I have the opportunity to get things done. Nap time seems to provide a good chunk of serviceable work time. Nana is here to do most of the baby duty - I'm just a helper - but I want to spend as much time with both of them as possible while still fulfilling my other responsibilities.

For those of you out there who work at home with little ones, I'd love your tips on what works for you, how you manage your time, and what pitfalls to avoid.

In the mean time, I'll be playing trains, going to the playground and cooking lots of finger food!

No comments: