Friday, December 07, 2007

Keeping Up at Christmas

They're supposed to be about family and fun, these weeks leading up to Christmas, right?! When a friend forwarded me this You Tube video today, I couldn't help but smile and hear a bit of my own voice in the beautiful singing of Tajci. How many of us will spend this weekend rushing places, crossing items off of our "to do" lists and frantically shopping? We accomplish one thing and ten more seem to pop up and demand attention.

I intend to take time this weekend to enjoy the season with my children: to assemble a gingerbread house, to mess up my kitchen baking cookies just because, and to brew some hot chocolate and decorate our tree in a leisurely fashion. Rather than being caught up in the daunting tasks that lie ahead, I hope to truly enjoy and savor this special season. Enjoy the video, and your weekend!

p.s. We're trying to help spread the word about this great video, so feel free to link to it or share it on your own blog.


No comments: