Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to School Blues...

Snif.... they're gone! Yesterday was the first day of school, but it didn't real feel that way. I attended Adam's (my new 7th grader!) prayer service with him and then spent the rest of the morning at Eric's high school volunteering to get a mailer sent out. It was actually a great way to spend the morning. Running a copier and folding machine for two and half hours can be strangely cathartic. Both boys had half days and were home asking for food again before I knew it!

But today's a different story. Adam has a half day again, but Eric won't be home again until close to 7:00 pm, after football. I'm suffering from separation anxiety big time. Today, I'm allowing myself a few hours to grieve their fleeting adolescence. The other moms? They're ready to party! So, what's wrong with me?

Over at Productivity @ Home, I have a post today that will be of interest to parents with kids going back to school. Check out Make a Date to Help Your Child Succeed in School for some inspiration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ours don't go back to the beginning of eptember...off to Lourdes first..

Unknown said...

Jackie,
Wow, I'm jealous! I would love to take my boys there someday. May I ask you a favor? While you are there, would you please say a prayer for a very dear woman in my life who is extremely ill and in need of healing? Thanks!!! Lisa