Saturday, April 07, 2007

Roughing It

Is it considered "camping" if the wireless internet connection at the campground we're visiting is actually speedier than my broadband at home?

Today's blog post comes to you from a very nice RV resort somewhere south of the strip in Las Vegas. We are staying here overnight and will be attending Easter Mass at the Cathedral in Las Vegas before heading to Zion National Park in Utah tomorrow. I'm not sure what my internet access will be in Utah, so I thought I'd post today in advance of any potential blackout that may occur. Since I was away from home a good bit of the last two weeks for the funeral of my grandmother, I brought my laptop along with me hoping to catch up on a few things. We just had a lovely cookout lunch (lovely, in that my husband did the cooking on the grill) and now we're enjoying a bit of quiet time prior to heading out to do some sightseeing.

Today's technology is a bit of a double edged sword - while it is nice to be "in touch" and not have to return home to another onslaught of email, there's something messed up about sitting next to a campfire and having such a speedy wireless connection.

Do you check email while on vacation? I don't own a blackberry, so if I can't get an internet connection I'm out of luck, and maybe that's a good thing.

Here's an interesting article I found on workaholics checking email while on vacation. I don't think I fall into that category...yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling Lisa --- Glad you're having fun. Your Mom and I celebrated our first anniversary in Zion when you were two months old. We had no email concerns, from what I remember. Love and Misses, Dad

BJ said...

Hi! I thought you and your readers might be interested in some post-Easter news about Pope Benedict XVI...
The Pope's car is being auctioned off to raise money for Habitat for Humanity:
www.buyacarvideos.com/popecar.htm
The bidding is already more than $200,000! Personally, I think this is a really fun and creative way to raise
money. The auction goes until April 14th if you and your readers want to check it out.