Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Dear Daddy,

Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could be with you today to celebrate, but at least I have the wonderful memories of our time together at Tyler's Baptism still warm in my heart. As a 43 year old Daddy's girl, I continue to feel sorry for woman who's not your daughter - it's so wonderful to have the perfect Daddy!

For your inspiration, your patience, your compassion, the way you truly listen, and most of all for your dance moves, I love you with all my heart. Thanks for teaching me that it's always great to strive for our goals, whether they be spiritual, physical, financial, intellectual or emotional. Thank you for your gentle way and your great laugh. Thanks for teaching me that every day is the best yet, a gift from God. Thank you for teaching me how to love my spouse, my children, my parents and my siblings unconditionally.

I hope you have a wonderful celebration this year and many more in the future. You're the best!!!

I love you,
Your Favorite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling Lisa --- What you write about me reminds me of what Ralph Waldo Emerson said: "Every man is entitled to be valued by his best moments." In conjunction with celebrating #66 today, I read: "Aging allows us to separate the important from the unimportant; and to appreciate more and reach for less". And as far as being the best, how can I be the best, when you're the best? You, your Mother and your siblings are my my steps to heaven. I love you dearly, Dad