Thursday, August 10, 2006

Uniform Shopping

I've been in denial about the commencement of the coming school year, which begins here next Thursday for Eric, who will have his Freshman Orientation at High School. Seeing that in writing gives me an anxiety attack on many levels.

Our local school uniform supplier always has a big sale in June, rewarding the Moms who don't procrastinate until the last hour buying school uniforms. I never make it to the sale - telling myself that the boys may grow over the summer. Actually, this year it's a good thing that I did put it off: Eric has grown so much this summer that I'm sure anything I bought in June would be too small.

So today, it's time to pay the piper. Both boys are getting dragged to the uniform store for our annual "back to school" shopping. Knowing friends who have teenage daughters going off to public high schools, I guess I shouldn't whine too much about the one hour I will spend buying khaki shorts and polo shirts!

But I'm still not ready to go back to school!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, did you say a mouth full; my teenage daughter is readying for public high school, her second year, and thank goodness for the mercies of my parents; one income alone can't manage it! ; )

Unknown said...

Hey Cami! Great to hear from you! I spent $370 and walked out with two bags!!! Incredible! Thankfully, Adam never minds wearing hand me downs and Eric's a minimalist, so he doesn't ask for many clothes. I should be ok with a mid-week laundry day to make it through the week.
I can't imagine what it would be like to buy real clothes for a teenage girl!