Monday, December 10, 2007

Did you have a great weekend?

I did! Here are a few "stream of consciousness" thoughts about the past few days to let you know how truly crazy/wonderful life is in our home these days:

My Christmas tree is up, but only has about one quarter of the ornaments hanging. I purchased, wrapped and gave away a few gifts this weekend, most to our "Project Santa" program at church - I still need to shop for family gifts, which may arrive a bit late this year. We took Christmas photos of the boys to use for our card, but I can't decide which one to pick... they are all good of one kid or the other, but none of them are good of both boys. We went to the Right to Life banquet Friday night and I beamed with pride watching my Eric work as a waiter and spotter for the live auction. It was one of those "I'm so proud" moments when you truly feel like your kid is turning out ok!! Speaking of proud, Adam won his first fencing medal this weekend, placing 8th at a tournament in the Bay Area. Given that this is only his second tournament, we're so happy for him - his hard work at training is paying off. Speaking of training, we had the Football banquet yesterday and Eric was awarded "Lineman of the Year" for his JV team...what a stud. And guess what, football practice started again this morning after a three week break with weightlifting at 6:45 AM! Yikes! The weekend passed by in a total blur, but it was a fun blur! The best part: three masses in a twenty four hour period (the Feast Day, Saturday vigil with Adam and Sunday mass with Eric) - no wonder I'm in a good mood!

1 comment:

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Lisa,

Wow, you must be so proud of Adam and Eric! What great accomplishments! What a whirlwind of a week end!

Happy Asdvent!
Donna