Monday, July 23, 2007

Sunday Lectionary Resource

For the past few Sundays, I have been using a wonderful tool to help me make the most of my hearing of the Sunday gospel - a wonderful book entitled Bringing Home the Gospel: A Weekly Journal for Catholic Parents by Judith Dunlap. Dunlap's book is a journal of sorts, helping parents to take the readings of Cycle C and relate lessons learned in the gospels to living out our role as parents. Each week, there is a scriptural citation, a reflection on the gospel passage, a family response passage with a suggested topic of discussion or activity, a personal response section with room to write your own reflections and a prompting question, and a section for recording memories from the past week and hopes for the upcoming week.

Every week, we arrive at Mass early to allow Greg and Eric to tune and warm up with the other musicians. During this quiet time, I have the opportunity to read and reflect on the Gospel passage. Dunlap's book is another great tool for helping me to learn as a wife and mother how Jesus' teachings in the gospel can make a difference in my life as I love and serve my family.

Check out Bringing Home the Gospel: A Weekly Journal for Catholic Parents by Judith Dunlap

No comments: