Friday, April 20, 2007

The Answer to My VA Tech Question from expert Mark Hart

Every once in a while, I have one of those totally cool moments when all of the hours of time that go into CatholicMom.com completely pay off. It happens when I get an email from a far away place telling me they use our coloring pages each week at their parish, or when a Mom emails me to say she was very touched by something I wrote.

It happened big time yesterday when I was lucky enough to speak with Mark Hart of LIFE TEEN and Bible Geek fame! I boldly emailed Mark and asked him the question that had been plaguing me all day - how to appropriately, lovingly, and faithfully speak with my boys about all that has gone on this past week. Not only did I receive an email reply from Mark, but I actually got to speak with him on the telephone!

I listen to Mark's podcast every week, and have all of his books, so speaking with him was just incredibly. My hands couldn't take notes quickly enough to absorb all of the great thoughts and ideas he shared with me, but I've done my best to recount them in a small article I just posted at CatholicMom.com. Our conversation left me so inspired and motivated - my boys probably wondered what was up last night with their crazy mom and why she wouldn't leave them alone! If you've never been exposed to Mark's work and writings, I hope you will take some time to get to know him today. His feel for youth and his heart and passion for sharing our Lord's love are simply incredible!

No comments: