Monday, January 08, 2007

Rosary Effort

“I look to all of you, brothers and sisters of every state of life, to you, Christian families, to you, the sick and elderly, and to you, young people: confidently take up the Rosary once again. Rediscover the Rosary in the light of Scripture, in harmony with the liturgy, and in the context of your daily lives. May this appeal of mine not go unheard!”
Pope John Paul II

A special thank you to my friend, CatholicMom.com columnist and the talented writer Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. Donna-Marie wrote me today to share the following good news:

If you would like to donate used or new Rosary beads to be sent around the world in my ministry to promote the Rosary, please send them to me at: PO Box 773, New Milford, CT 06776 USA. Please do not send broken Rosaries at this time because I am presently not able to repair them. Please say a prayer for this ministry. You may also donate money (check or money order) for Rosaries to be purchased and to help pay for postage to send these Rosaries around the world. Presently I will be sending Rosaries to India. Thank you for your contribution to this ministry. May God bless you!

Click here to visit Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle's web site for additional information.

I'm superstitious about things like Rosaries. For whatever reason, I receive tons of mailings from various religious organizations. If they weren't from orders of saintly sisters, fathers and brothers, I would likely call them "junk mail". They often contain rosaries and other religious artifacts. I can never throw them away, so I have a large basket in my office and they are all there, being collected. Now I know that I can send those rosaries to Donna-Marie, and that they will go to a good home. Thank goodness!

No comments: