Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Fr. Solanus

Now that the busyness of Advent and the holidays is behind, I am getting caught up on posting some wonderful resources at CatholicMom.com. I recently had the pleasure of previewing the video of The Healing Prophet: Solanus Casey.

This documentary by GL Productions taught me so much about the life of Fr. Solanus, who was declared a Venerable by Pope John Paul II in 1995. He was a very humble and simple man, but he touched so many lives. For me, he is yet another role model - God uses each of us in our own way to share his light with others. Next time I'm in the midwest for an extended amount of time, I may trouble a certain Michigander I know to take me to visit the Solanus Casey Center in Detroit.

Click here to read my review and interview with filmmaker Audrey Geyer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very important to know about saints: each ones is as a school to learn the way to the Lord.
Thanks.
Fr. Georges.