Friday, September 14, 2007

Hidden Helpers

At CatholicMom.com today, I just posted a wonderful column by our friend Heidi Hess Saxton. Heidi, who has been under the weather lately, extols the virtues of a tremendously generous friend. I am seeing this in my own life this week as my mother is here visiting/taking care of me. My mom is one of those selfless people who is always looking for a chance to help out. Whether it's caring for a grandchild or building an email list for a website, she pitches in and takes care of business without ever expecting anything in return. She is an inspiration to me - someone who constantly reminds me to look outside myself to find ways to help others.

I hope you will take time to read Heidi's column today. In other great news, Heidi shares the following:

Come and join the Carnival! Heidi is looking for blog posts on the theme of “Lessons I’ve learned from my children” or “Childhood memories.” For more information, go to http://mommymonsters.blogspot.com

No comments: