Monday, March 12, 2007

How Welcoming Is Your Parish

I just finished posting a very thought provoking article by one of our CatholicMom.com columnists, Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur. Patrice's column, All Are Welcome Here, describes her experience with an acquaintance who has stopped attending Mass at her parish.

Reading this column made me question how people who attend my church must be feeling on Sunday. I think we are a pretty friendly bunch, but I've also been there for quite a long time and the pews are now filled with people I consider to be among my closest friends. How often do I look around me for new faces or people who may be in need of support, encouragement or a helping hand? Are there people in my parish who feel excluded, or worse yet, unwelcome? I certainly hope not!

Thanks Patrice, for reminding me to open my eyes and my heart next Sunday when I'm at Mass!

No comments: