Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Adam!!!

Twelve years ago today, three weeks before your due date, you arrived on the scene and turned our world upside down! You've always been a "morning person", greeting me with your incredible smile from the minute your eyes are opened each day - never crabby - just anxious to get going.

My life is infinitely more blessed for having you in it. You teach me so much every day - everything from how to play and have fun to how to be a better, more caring and loving person. I love the fact that you still love playing out back, preferably with a stick! I love the way your imagination works, the stories you tell, and the facts that you learn and retain. I love watching you with your big brother or your friends. I love the way you love to snuggle. I love your voracious appetite for books. I love your sense of compassion and the way you exhibit concern and caring for those around you.

We've been celebrating for a week now, but that hardly seems like long enough to say "thank you" to God for His gift of such a wonderful twelve year old! I love you Adam, today and forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam, One of the highlights of this past year was the time I got to spend with you at your Aunt Erin's beach house. I loved the swimming (you are so strong and such a good swimmer) and mostly just being with you --- the way you make me smile and laugh. You are honest, kind and good --- a blessing to our entire family. I wish you much happiness on your Birthday #12!!! I love you, Gramps

Anonymous said...

Adam - your mom & gramps said it perfectly - ditto to all! Happy Birthday - you are a very special and caring young man. Love Grandma