Friday, August 29, 2008

Odds and Ends

Well, the first week of school is winding down and everyone seems to be off to a great start. The CMM blog has been quiet this week as I've been doing a lot of posting at both Faith and Family Live and Productivity @ Home. Feel free to check out those sites for some of my random musings from this week.

In the mean time, I thought I'd share with you here a few of the highlights of this week on the family front. Adam is firmly ensconced in being an Eighth grader. When I watch him confidently stride onto campus at the beginning of each day, it sometimes takes my breath away that he's so grown up and capable. He is loving his classes and teachers. His fencing continues and he's now playing the flute, along with the clarinet and the drums. He and Eric are going to perform at our school carnival in September, so he's busy at work developing a "set list" for that big gig!

Eric finished his first full week of classes and is off to a great start in his new school. He was elected to an ASB student government position and earned a spot on the school's jazz band after a stressful audition process. We're still waiting to hear about Orchestra - hopefully we will earn a place there too. It seems that concerts, Irish music sessions, and extemporaneous jam sessions have taken the place of football, which is a happy thing for Mom. Eric also decided on a new foreign language and will be studying French this year. Since I was a French major about a million years ago, I was happy with that decision!

So life is full, busy and happy, which is a blessed thing. We're looking forward to the three day weekend and hope to spend most of it at home resting and relaxing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well and that your transition back to school is as smooth and wonderful as ours has been!

1 comment:

ElizabethTemperance said...

Hi Lisa - I'm so excited to find your blog!! I think you will love to know about a new Catholic television channel on the internet that is going to have tons of excellent programming about being Catholic parents, raising children, and just plain living our Faith. We launch on Sept 1st with additional programming coming in October - I hope you will be able to stop by and check us out!

I'm not a spammer, just a volunteer at RealCatholic TV, passing along this great site to you and your regular readers. :-)

God Bless,

lizaanne

www.RealCatholicTV.com

Fearlessly exploring mainstream media from a Catholic view