Friday, June 20, 2008

CNMC Weekend off to a Wonderful Start

The fun has begun.  I arrived in Atlanta tonight around 8:30 and just got in from spending the evening in the company of some of my favorite podcasting buddies.  In typical geek fashion, after I checked into my room, I posted a note on Twitter looking for someone to hang out with for a little while.  I'm still on California time, and was too excited to do the practical thing - get some rest!  So Scott of Boogie Lights and Sweat Cast fame was kind enough to meet up with me.  Sadly, Scott's wife Christine wasn't able to join us, but I'm looking forward to meeting her tomorrow. Before long, Rob and Kristen of Tupelo Catholic joined us.  It's so great to finally meet Kristen, who is a total sweetie.   Next to join us were Steve and Pat of On the U, along with Pat's brother.  It's so amazing to meet people you've listened to for such a long time - I have such a great deal of respect for the work Steve has done with his students - truly a special ministry.


Now it's late - the clock on the bedside stand in my room is trying to tell me that it's 1:00 am, but my body and mind are exhilarated and still operating on California time!  I'm so excited to be able to be here this weekend with so many special people, all of whom are working to share and spread our faith through exciting new media techniques.  The opportunity to gather, to share, to learn and to grow as a faith community is truly a gift.  

Tomorrow morning (although not too early!), I will head to the convention center for the Diocese of Atlanta's Eucharistic Congress.  It promises to be a wonderful event.  I will try to take lots of photos and fit in a few podcast interviews as well.

No comments: