Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our Lenten Journey Begins

Blessings to all of you today on Ash Wednesday, as we begin our journey towards Easter.

As I spend this week hosting my mother, parenting my own teen age sons, and caring for my toddler nephews, I am reminded of both the fullness of this life and also of it's many demands on each of us. With days packed full of laundry, preparing meals, driving to activities and trying to have a listening heart, it can feel overwhelming to try to look at living life with more spiritual devotion.

Many of us would love do extra volunteer work outside the home as a form of almsgiving or spend long hours in front of the Blessed Sacrament in adoration, but this may not be the best choice for our families. We can offer our very best to Jesus in our own homes through our little acts of prayer, fasting and sharing with others. As I receive the ashes today and commence this Lenten journey towards the joy of Easter, I will keep each of you and your families in my prayers!

If you are still looking for Lenten resources, including tasty meatless meal recipes, be sure to visit our Lent page at CatholicMom.com.

No comments: