Saturday, September 29, 2007

Greetings from the Podcast Expo!

Hi everyone! I'm writing this from the luxury of my own personal hotel room in Ontario, California. I'm down here for the Podcast and New Media Expo, a conference full of podcasters and bloggers. Thanks to my wonderful husband, I was able to drive down here yesterday and spend two whole days soaking in all of the information.

When I arrived at the conference, I was struck by a case of the nerves - I didn't know a soul here, but had been conversing online with some of my fellow Catholic podcasters who would be in attendance. I made my way straight to the SQPN booth and meet up with those guys. Wow, what a great group! I immediately met Fr. Roderick, Greg and Jennifer from the Rosary Army, and Jeff Nielsen who runs our Catholic Mom logo store. I also met Paul Camarata of the Saint Cast and Fr. Jay Finelli, the iPadre and Fr. Bill Holtzinger, aka "Fr. Geek". Of course, this crowd is surrounded by adoring, podcast listening fans, so there's a great group of Catholic podcasters and fans here at the expo. I've enjoyed spending time with these great folks at meals and wandering around the expo. Yesterday, Friday, was a day spent mostly soaking in lots the atmosphere and meeting new people. Today, I'm hoping to learn some new information about podcasting and equipment. I'm having such a great time!

Having two days away to totally focus on this new aspect of CatholicMom.com, our Catholic Moments Podcast, has been a rare treat. I'm really missing my men at home though and am looking forward to seeing them tonight when I get home. Be listening for an episode of the podcast next week when I share about my travels and get back to the routine. I'm so excited to be able to use this new media to support our Catholic families and to share the good news about what's going on in our culture!

5 comments:

Nancy C. Brown said...

You are so lucky! I know your time there is going to have good repercussions in your future work. Good for you!

If you ever need a guest for Catholic Moments....

;-)

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

What a great opportunity for you, Lisa! I can't wait to hear all about it!

God bless,
Donna

Unknown said...

Nancy and Donna-Marie,
Thanks for sharing my excitement over this great opportunity. I had such a super time and learned tons, but the best part was meeting with fellow Catholic podcasters. What a vibrant and wonderful community!
Nancy, I would love to discuss an interview. Email me and we can set something up. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being their Lisa. I'm glad you found the time useful!

All the best,

Tim Bourquin, Founder
Podcast and New Media Expo

Anonymous said...

So are you planning on sharing what you learned?

I'd like to know what you use to record your podcasts.