Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Reader Needs Your Help

Can anyone offer advice on the following question? If so, please post a comment or drop me an email. Thanks!

Lisa, I am a mother of a 4 year old that has is allergic to eggs. I have volunteered to try and find an alternative to real egg shells. Looking for an artificial type egg for the Easter celebration w/confetti. Yes, I'm starting this process early, but need to be prepared. I'm asking everyone if they have heard of any such type of product.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

hi - Michael's and Jo-Anne's have styrofoam and wooden eggs (~ $.99 or less). Or if you use eggs at all save the shells, clean them and then later you can use them to make mosaic pictures - watercolor to paint etc.

Of course none of these can replace the 'real' dyeing effect you may be looking for... but like eating a veggie-burger, I don't think of it as a replacement, I just think of it as a different sandwich! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Thanks SA - good ideas! Keep them coming!
Lisa

Esther said...

Hi! in Spain, we use mostly chocolate eggs covered with a colored paper as protection... :)

Unknown said...

R- Thanks for your suggestion. I wish I spoke Spanish so that I could read your blog!
Lisa