Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Fun

Want an update of some of the fun we had this weekend? Well, Friday night was our family outing to the American Idol Tour concert. I personally had a blast, and thought they won't admit it, I think my boys did too. Granted, much of their fun was laughing together at the idols and the many screaming girls surrounding them! The show was very fun - fast paced, lots of great classic songs, and not too much Sanjaya!

On Saturday, we drove Arnold all the way over to San Louis Obispo to attend History Revisited, a Renaissance festival. Arnold, the 1974 VW bus, is apparently a road warrior! He made the drive in style, and even got great gas mileage as well. The only downfall was the lack of AC. As low man on the totem pole in my family, I am relegated to the back bench with whichever kid loses the coin toss. Eric and I cranked open the vent windows to get some air flowing. By the end of the six hour round trip, I looked like a sweaty hippy mom - hair flying everywhere, but a big smile on my face. The Renaissance festival was, well, interesting. The boys love these reenactment events, but some of the people can get scarily a little too into their characters. All in all, it was a tremendous day. The weather was beautiful, we heard lots of great music, and I even got to learn to dance like a Renaissance woman!



Last night, we hosted a party at our house for Greg's new colleagues. It was a wonderful, star filled evening. We met many new friends and enjoyed visiting with old ones too. In our wonderful coincidence, the priest at our parish gave a homily yesterday morning on hospitality (being both Martha and Mary), so the timing was wonderful to get me in the mood for a home full of friends.

What's up for next weekend? Who knows, but I'll bet it will be a blast!

No comments: