Thursday, July 19, 2007

Learning with Our Children

Over at Spiritual Woman, Patrice has a lovely post about her efforts to teach her children to read this summer. It doesn't seem too long ago that I was walking in Patrice's shoes, struggling to help Eric through the "Bob" book (one word per page!). Now we've moved on to teaching him to drive, which also requires a ton of patience. I also relate to Patrice's comments when it comes to helping Adam with Math, which came very easily for his brother. Patrice's post reminded me of how much I have learned about myself from trying to help my children learn new life skills. Hopefully, this learning will be a lifelong process.

Yesterday, as I was being driven by Eric to his football practice (he's working on his driver's permit), I thought to myself:

"I wonder if my mom feels this stressed out when I drive her places?"

1 comment:

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I went through that four times already and remember it s vividly. My youngest, Mary-Catherine is turning 16 this week so here we go again! :) It is stressful!!

God bless,
Donna