Thursday, July 26, 2007

Are You As Gullible as Jet Nana?

At least three times a week, my dear mother is convinced she's either:

a. Won an international lottery (even though she never bought a ticket)
b. Been contacted by the desperately sad but incredibly wealthy widow of Nigeria's richest man who needs help sorting out her financial affairs
c. Found the latest, greatest way to make a million dollars working online

Every week, I have to be the one to dash her hopes and dreams by informing her that she needs to hit the delete button on that particular email. (She also reads any joke forwarded to her and truly loves them!).

I can spot spam and phishing attempts a mile away. So I was surprised that I only scored an 8 out of 10 on the McAffee Site Advisor Phishing Quiz. Take five minutes and try this quiz - you'll learn a thing or two!

No comments: