Friday, June 22, 2007

Widget of the Day - iGoogle

I have been goofing around this morning with iGoogle , a dynamic homepage offered by Google. If you're a big Google user, you will enjoy how you can use this homepage to access all of your G services, such as gmail and google calendar. One wonderful feature is the ability to add "tabs" related to your area of interest. Near the top left hand corner, click on the button which says "Add a tab". When you are prompted, enter the name of a topic in which you are interested. I added tabs this morning for Catholic and Weight Watchers. iGoogle automatically created a page full of helpful widgets and gadgets for each of these topics. On my new Catholic page, I have Catholic headlines, news stories, daily readings, today's saint, a search widget for New Advent and more. Under Weight Watchers, I can track my weight, caloric intake, BMI, daily exercise and more. Based on the widgets you enjoy using, you can select and add other new features to your home page or tabs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the iGoogle tip! Can you tell me where is the Weight Watchers stuff?

Debbie

Unknown said...

found it!