Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"Offering It Up" with Style

At least once a week, I have the treat of going to my post office box and finding something truly wonderful waiting for me there. Today, I was so happy to find a shipment from Mary Beth Hercules, founder and creator of Good Deed Beads Sacrifice Bracelets.

Mary Beth's bracelets are based upon the spirituality of St. Therese of Lisieux and her little way.

As a child, St. Therese of Lisieux used similar beads to count the “gifts” she offered to God each day. Use the beads to count the times that a temptation, such as showing impatience or anger, is rejected. These little sacrifices can then be offered to God for a predetermined intention, such as the health of a friend.

I hope to feature an interview with Mary Beth very soon, but in the meantime, I would encourage you to make a visit to Good Deed Beads to check out her beautiful creations. I have only been wearing my bracelet for a few hours and I've already been asked about it three times. What a wonderful way to do good for others and to have the opportunity to share about St. Therese all at the same time!


No comments: