Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mom's To Do List

Over at her new blog, Embracing Motherhood, Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle looks at the perennial conundrum that faces many Catholic moms at the end of a busy day. How can I feel so exhausted and overwhelmed, and then look at my "to do" list and realize I haven't crossed a single item off the list all day?

In her post A Mom's To Do List she offers support and insight for moms who may be lamenting the fact that they do not feel they have sufficient time for prayer, projects or even volunteer service. I'm sure this is a common feeling among families, whether they are moms or dads, Nannas or Gramps, or even our very busy kids. We must each remember that in serving one another lovingly and faithfully, we serve God as well. Little acts of humility and sacrifice offered with a loving heart and offered as prayer should be at the top of our "to do" list each day!

1 comment:

Kristin Saegaert said...

Thanks for this reminder! I almost got choked up teaching Children's Liturgy last Sunday as we discussed St. John the Baptist and God's special job for him. We were discussing what special jobs that God would have for us this week and I mentioned that my special job was to care for our 3 children. Looking at my husband I teared up before I could get the words out - I'm so just glad to have that special job from Him. So, even though I'm not crossing lots of things off my to do list I know that I'm doing just as He would have me to do!