Monday, June 25, 2007

Helpful Homework Reference!

At least a few times a year, I get frantic telephone calls during the late evening hours from friends looking for help with their children's homework. It seems that in the spring, some religion teachers take to giving out crossword puzzles for homework. My friends all know that I have a bookcase full of Catholic reference resources, so I get the calls asking for the definition of obscure liturgical terms or the translation of Latin phrases. Now I can point my friends to CatholicReference.net, a nifty new site from Trinity Communications. The definitions on the site all come from Fr. John Hardon's Modern Catholic Dictionary. It seems like a handy resource for helping our children (and ourselves) learn new Catholic terms and definitions.

No comments: