Wednesday, June 20, 2007

10 Commandments of Driving

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. Despite my best intentions and better judgment, I am guilty of breaking Drivers' Commandment #6:

Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.

I have been present in the car with a fifteen year old with a drivers' permit who really wants to learn how to drive, but who scares the heck out of me!"

For anyone who spends as much time in the car as I do, yesterday's news of the "10 Commandments of Driving" offers yet another opportunity to look at life's simplest details as opportunities for grace and service. If you haven't heard of the document released yesterday, you can get the CNS reader's digest version below or read the document in its 59 page entirety online. In seriousness, I think this document holds important messages that need to be reinforced in our "car crazy" society. I'm just surprised there wasn't a commandment outlawing talking on the cell phone while driving - then I would really have been in trouble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A study of Sun Rays (Crespuscular)

Running to find the end of the rainbow.

Running to find that shaft glory--to be bathed in light.

Bearing the soul to the divine.

Seeking rest, surcease and cleansing all at once.

Faith like a waterfall--full, abundant and never ceasing.