Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Greg!















I was too busy having fun on Sunday to acknowledge my wonderful husband's special day, but I wanted to take a moment to wish him a happy belated birthday! For the next month and a half, I can tease him about how much older than me he is.

To celebrate, we took Arnold (our 1974 VW Bus) to a VW show in Madera. Greg has had fun for the past few years fixing up Arnold, so this is how he wanted to spend his day. We spent a lot of time looking at other buses - some amazing, and very cool examples. The stories people share about their VWs are pretty fun too! One man was showing his '64 bus, incredibly restored, with a large map of Europe nearby. He told us about the two years that he, his wife, and four young children spent traveling around Europe in the bus camping. We were just relieved that Arnold made the twenty mile trip to Madera intact, so we couldn't imagine driving him all over Europe!

I'm so lucky to have a husband like Greg - as we grow old together, I discover new things to love and appreciate about him every day. He is truly a blessing to me, the boys, and the many people he cares for every day. Happy birthday Greg, I love you!

No comments: