Thursday, April 26, 2007

May Crowning

A reader wrote to ask about resources for May Crownings. I pointed her to my favorite resource at the University of Dayton's Mary Page. At our school, one of my favorite traditions is the kindergarten May crowning. Our youngest students have a special celebration in our school's Mary garden.

In my backyard, I have my own Mary garden. At the center of it sits a lovely statue that was given to me a few years ago by my Mom and my sister Erin. It is truly one of my most prized possessions. But poor Mary's garden is showing signs of neglect, so I hope to spend some quiet time this weekend gardening and praying for Mary's intercession for a little peace in our crazy world. Here's something I wrote a long time ago about my Mary garden, right after it was created. My, how time flies!

No comments: