Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hold Grapevine in Your Hand

One of my favorite magazines is Grapevine Magazine, the Magazine about Catholic Performing Artists. Catholic musician, publisher and podcaster supreme Susan Bailey has worked for several years promoting the Catholic music industry through Grapevine. In the past, the magazine was always available as a free online download in PDF format. I always wished that Grapevine came in hard copy format, as its production value and content was so wonderful.

Now, my wish has come true and I just finished ordering my copy of the very first Grapevine issue available in print. Although it hasn't arrived in my mailbox yet, I know that it's going to be great because everything that Susan Bailey does is always of the highest quality. She is truly one of my role models - someone who is passionate about her work and using her God given talents to spread the word about our wonderful Catholic faith.

If you think the cover price is a bit high, I would ask you to think about some of the ways in which you're spent $10 recently. You might have bought two fancy drinks at Starbucks, seen a movie that wasn't too great, or parked your car for less than an hour in a big city. With this $10 purchase, you will not only enrich your own life, but you will also be supporting an apostolate that is greatly needed in our Catholic Church.

No comments: