Sunday, April 15, 2007

Coffee with a Purpose

With the arrival of Easter, I celebrated over a year of being caffeine free! Last year for Lent, I recognized the ferocity of my caffeine addiction and kicked the habit. I still love a good cup of coffee, but now I favor decaf and have also discovered the joys of herbal tea.

Boake wrote me recently to introduce me to the Mission Grounds web site. Mission Grounds Coffee helps impoverished children and orphans around the globe through the sale of a gourmet coffee. They currently are helping children in New Orleans, Russia, China, Africa, Costa Rica and Venezuela.

Catholic Relief Services also has a wonderful listing of "fair trade" organizations who have committed to Fair Trade practices. Visit the CRS web site for a complete list of Fair Trade coffee vendors.

I am looking forward to learning more about the CRS Fair Trade program and finding a new coffee provider who will meet my decaf and fairness needs.

No comments: