Thursday, March 22, 2007

While perusing my newspaper this morning, I shrieked like a teenage girl while reading the business section. My excitement bubbled over about a new store we're getting at our local shopping mall. Now I know how my friends felt last year when we got the Pottery Barn! I can't wait to hit the mall and emerge with a shopping bag from my favorite store!

No, it's not Nordstrom or Crate and Barrel. Ikea's not coming to Fresno (although that would be pretty cool too!). We still don't have a Tiffany store.

But we are getting a new Apple Store!

Ok, it's 100% confirmed that I'm a geek. I will admit to having a compulsion with visiting Apple Stores. I've been to the Apple Stores in such destinations as La Jolla, San Francisco, Chicago, and the granddaddy of them all - Manhattan! I'm not a shoe shopper, but give me an hour to spend ogling computer peripherals and I'm a happy woman.

Along with the products offered, my favorite aspect of the Apple Stores I've visited is the wonderful opportunity to sign up for a huge variety of training seminars. I expect to be a regular visitor and am thrilled that I will finally learn to use my MacBook to its full capacity.

Now I just have to find my way to the mall!

No comments: