Thursday, February 08, 2007

Amazing Grace

Way back in October, I received a simple email from a CatholicMom.com reader named Laura.

It said: "How I love your site! I use it all the time and tell everyone how fantastic it is! I have some favorite activities that I would like to share with you that you are welcome to use."

Since October, Laura Grace has emailed me over 100 activities, lesson plans, puzzles and more related to religious education topics. For each Sunday, Laura emails me a Lesson Plan helper aimed at helping parents and religious education teachers find resources related to the Sunday gospels. In addition, she has prepared countless activities on topics such as the Liturgy, Sacraments, the Rosary and more. Laura Grace's lesson plans have quickly become one of the most popular features at CatholicMom.com and her generosity continues to amaze me.

Every time I receive an email from Laura (in my mind, her nickname is "Amazing Grace"), I say a thank you to God for sending me this angel to help me reach out to our children and share our love for Jesus. Laura is one of a tribe of angels who keep me going, giving me the drive to continue plugging away with my little web site. Laura lives all the way in Maryland, so I've never met her and don't know if I ever will. But she's one of my heroes: someone who is using the talent God gave her to share His love and glory.

If you haven't visited Laura's Lesson Plan page at CatholicMom.com, you need to go there now and check it out. You'll be amazed too! Thanks Laura, you're the best!

No comments: