Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Michael and Meg!!!

Dear Michael and Meg,

My baby brother and his bride celebrate their 30th birthdays this week!

Together, you enter a new decade of life together as newlyweds. Could it get any better?!

Watching Michael turn thirty makes me feel incredibly old. I was a teenager when he was born, so you can do the math yourself and compute that not only do I feel old, I actually am old (44 in June!)

Michael and Meg, I'm sorry I can't be with you this week to celebrate. But I do want to let you both know that I'm so happy for you - I'm happy that you enter what will be a wonderful phase of your lives with your best friend by your side. I know the year ahead will be filled with smiles, fun and also some stress and changes. I want you to know that you are always in my prayers and that you both have a room (yes, you can share one now!) waiting for you at our home if you want to consider becoming part of the California pod. I can't imagine Michael having found a more wonderful wife and soul mate than Meg - we are so lucky to have you as our new sister!

Have a tremendous celebration and save a hug for me when I'm in Chicago later this month. Until then, moose smoochies and lots of love. Happy Birthday!

Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Thank you so much!!! That's so sweet of you! We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Love,
Mike & Meg

p.s. We're not actually acknowledging that we're 30. We've decided to hold fast at 29.