Thursday, January 11, 2007

Getting Ready for Patrick

Tomorrow afternoon, I will be welcoming a pint sized visitor - my 18 month old nephew Patrick, or PIII as he's known in these parts. He's coming to stay with us until Tuesday while his Mom and Dad take a business trip. I can't wait for him to get here! I'm counting on him for lots of play time stacking (and knocking over) blocks, playing with Thomas the Tank Engine and generally just getting into stuff. Our house is incredibly un-baby-proofed, so Auntie Lisa has some work to do to get ready to host a toddler. Blogging will be sparse to non-existent, probably until Wednesday, as I plan to spend most of the next few several days playing with playdough and stuff like that. I'm not sure how moms with many small children find time to do anything on the computer...this will be a reminder to me of life in the good old days when the most productive thing I hoped to do was take a shower and put on clean clothes that hadn't been spit up on.
I was planning to take little Patrick to the zoo, but it looks like we're going to have a very cold streak in Fresno. If anyone has a good idea for cold weather ways to entertain an 18 month old, post a comment for me. When my boys were this age, we would go to the park for hours on end to wear them out, but I don't think that's going to be an option this weekend. I can't wait for him to get here!

No comments: