Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Being an "After"

Many of us are focused on health and fitness issues in January, the month of resolutions. I found this article over at WeightWatcher.com to be a great motivational tool. It seems that some of the concepts of goal setting and "baby steps" can be translated to other areas where I might be seeking to make some personal improvements.

If the concept of the overall change feels too daunting, it helps me to take baby steps toward achieving the main goal and to document those steps along the way as a means towards staying movtivated. One of my major goals for the next month is to get control over my home office. I'm tempted to post a picture here, just to let you know what a major challenge this is!! The idea of doing it all at once has caused my to procrastinate, because I never seem to find the time. My commitment here, today, is to spend ten minutes a day focusing on cleaning up the office. We'll see how long it takes me to accomplish this task. I'm not talking here about simply moving stacks around - I'm talking about coming up with some systems that will enable me to avoid the mess that now plagues me. That's going to take some time, but this has been a continual problem that's only gotten worse with time.

Do you have a goal this month? If so, what are your baby steps for achieving that goal?

No comments: