Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holiday Entertaining

Last night, we opened our home for Greg's annual Emergency Department Christmas party. We've hosted this event multiple times, and I'm always grateful for the opportunity. Those days of fierce cleaning and decorating pay off when I see our home filled with the ED Residents, doctors and their families. I can remember clearly the days when I was married to a young resident, living in a tight apartment with a young baby. A night out on the town with someone else preparing dinner was a real treat. The event also reminds me to count my many blessings - we have come so far and are so richly blessed with abundance in our lives. It's truly a treat to welcome and visit with such compassionate and talented doctors every year. Today, I'm sleepy and trying desperately to get caught up on work that's been put off the past few days, but the party has me in the holiday spirit.

Do you entertain during the Christmas season? I need to remind myself to invite friends over more frequently. It's always such a treat.

No comments: