Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Scary Geeked Out Mom

I just paused for a moment to realize how truly geeky I have become. We have a new toy in our home - an iMac computer! My poor old Catholic Mom laptop is on her last legs and she keeps crashing, so I've been looking at alternatives for a few months. We ended up purchasing a desktop for family use, as it was much less expensive than the equivalent laptop. I'm still not fully converted to the Mac, so I'm sitting here at the boys' desk, working a bit on the Mac and a bit on the old laptop that is sitting right next to it. I have to share the iMac, so I'm under the gun to get a few things accomplished before the boys come home and take it over. I'm not sure how the "sharing" arrangement is going to work out long term. I've always been a bad sharer, and am especially so when it comes to technology. Also on the "geek" front - for any Mac Moms out there if you have iChat I'd love to hear from you. I want to test it out, but I don't want to chat with just anyone!
Bye for now...so many computers, so little time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, you guys have converted! How does Greg feel about this???

Unknown said...

Michael,
I'm not sure that I've entirely converted - I am actually working on both machines and am hoping my laptop can hold out for a while longer, as I'm having a hard time fighting the boys off the iMac when they are home. I must say though that I really like the Mac...it's taking some learning, but it's very fun.
l