Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Meet a New CatholicMom.com Angel

We all know that the Holy Spirit works overtime helping CatholicMom.com stay afloat and running. Our CM tribe of guardian angels have protected me from viruses, computer crashes, nasty internet stuff and more. But the backbone of CatholicMom.com is a group of selfless women who contribute their talents freely and generously to help the site to grow and prosper. I'm constantly grateful for all of our CatholicMom columnists, who never cease to inspire me. My friend Elyse has touched kids all over the world with her weekly Mass Worksheets. Lisa and Maria have been creating Puppet Shows in both English and Spanish. It goes on and on...

Now, we have a new angel, Laura Grace, who is contributing a TON of great Religious Education material. Laura is a teacher at St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Pataxent River, Maryland. Over the past week, she's been sending me great material which I've been posting in our new Lesson Plan area at CatholicMom.com - you won't believe it when you see all that she's contributed, and I'm less than halfway finished posting her lessons and activities! I hope to have them all up by the end of the week and to post her weekly gospel resources each week too. It's such a tremendous resource for all of the teachers, religious ed. folks, homeschoolers and families who visit CatholicMom.com.

Every once in a while, when I'm tired and overwhelmed, I wonder if the effort put into one little web site like CatholicMom.com makes any difference in the world. I contemplate hanging up my keyboard and going out to lunch and shoe shopping like the other moms at school do while their kids are at school. And then the Holy Spirit sends along someone like Laura Grace to remind me that the efforts of each of us do indeed matter - that when we work together to shine Christ's light, when we give it our very best even in our own little ways, we lead others (and ourselves) closer to Him.

Thank You God for Laura, and for all the others who make up the heart and soul of CatholicMom.com. I am blessed for having them in my life!

1 comment:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

No giving up, Lisa! Your website touches so many lives. I know, I feel the same way sometimes - that what I do really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, but every little bit helps in spreading the word. I often have to remind myself that success is not measured in quantity, and that touching one life can make as much difference as touching a thousand.

Keep the faith!