Thursday, October 26, 2006

I wish Chicago and Fresno were closer


Aren't these two of the cutest little boys you've ever seen? At least once a day, I lament the fact that my family is spread all over the country. Seeing this picture of my Chicago nephews, Evan and baby Tyler, makes my heart leap and sigh all at once. I can't believe Tyler is already six weeks old, and I haven't even been able to hold him yet. When I'm out and I see a mom with a new baby, I mentally compare the baby to Ty (of course, none of them are ever as cute!). Evan looks more grown up and full of spirit every time I lay eyes on him. I imagine what life might be like if all my siblings lived close to one another and we could gather my two boys and my five nephews all in one room on a regular basis. We'll have the chance next month at my brother Michael's wedding in Chicago, but I'm not sure I can hold out that long to cuddle this baby!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised there were no solicitations for nieces in this post.

Unknown said...

Well, now that you mention it...

Hey, I thought I'd at least let you get married before I start the pressure. I don't want to scare my new sister away with too much pre-marital nagging!

I missed you this weekend, and hope you're not too stressed out leading up to the big day!

L.

Anonymous said...

How cute!!
I know what you mean about being far from your nephews. My sister lives in TX and I am in WI. We are godparents for her youngest daughter, Grace. It's so tough being that far away. Holidays are so busy and filled with lots of things to do. I wish we had more time to just get together for coffee. One thing that is truly a blessing is the Internet. What did we do before emailing pictures, blogging, and just email in general? It's so easy to send a quick email hello.

Have a fun trip to Chicago! I grew up close to Chicago and love that city. :)

Alice Gunther said...

They are adorable!

Vicki Caruana said...

It is hard when you're spread apart like that. I miss my sisters and their children terribly at times. Cousins don't have a chance to grow up together as I did in NY in the early 1970's. My cousins were my best friends and are to this day. Distance makes us work harder to connect.

Anonymous said...

Lisa

thanks, you are right on both counts, Evan is getting more spirted ever day and Ty is getting cuter, now if we could just get him to sleep thought some portion of the night everything would be a little easier.

We are looking forward to seeing every one soon.

David