Monday, October 02, 2006

Are You Spiritually Mature?

This was in my inbox today, and has me really thinking. I thought I'd share it hear in case you missed it:
Weekly Meditation
10/2/2006 5:17:00 AM

By Bishop William R. Houck


A few thoughts on Spiritual Maturity I found recently --

MATURITY is the ability to handle frustration,
control anger and settle differences without
violence or destruction.

MATURITY is patience. It is the willingness to
postpone gratification, to pass up the immediate
pleasure or profit in favor of the long-term gain.

MATURITY is unselfishness, responding to the
needs of others.

MATURITY is humility.the ability to be able
to say, "I was wrong," "I am sorry." And when
proven right not having to say,"I told you so."

Words of Claude Buchanan, SP, in the Servants of the
Paraclete News Letter, September 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this quote. I was able to use it in a teaching moment.
Karen : )